In the Burgundian village of Vosne Romanee on the Cote de Nuits sits the famed wine estate Domaine Arnoux Lachaux. To produce their 100% Pinot Noir wines, Arnoux Lachaux uses biodynamic cultivation and natural winemaking techniques. Additionally, the winery makes a small number of white Aligote wines. Over the years, the estate has garnered various honors, including the distinguished title of Vigneron of the Year 2013.
A family-run winery dating back 150 years, Domaine Arnoux Lachaux was once known as Domaine Robert Arnoux. Charles Lachaux, the late Robert Arnoux’s grandson and the sixth generation of winemakers at this storied estate, is currently in charge of the winery.
TEN STUNNING ARNOUX LACHAUX WINES TO PURCHASE IN 2022
You should sample the following renowned Arnoux Lachaux wines:
1) France’s 2013 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru is $317.
2) French wine 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Nuits-Saint-Georges, $1,446,
3) French wine 2018 Charles Lachaux Bourgogne Aligote Les Champs d’Argent, $514
4) France’s 2017 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Bourgogne Pinot Fin is available for $53.
5) France’s 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Echezeaux Grand Cru is available for $891.
6) $2,850 buys you the 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Les Chaumes, France
7) France’s 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Chambolle-Musigny is available for $658.
8) $1,096 is the price for the 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Latricières-Chambertin Grand Cru, France.
9) French wine 2008 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Aux Reignots, $959
10) French wine from 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru, priced at $2,230
WHY ARE DOMAINE ARNOUX LACHAUX WINES SO WELL-LIKED?
Due to the great winemaking techniques, rich history, varied terroir, and low production volumes used in the region, demand for fine Burgundy red wine has skyrocketed over the past ten years. Additionally, the demand for Arnoux Lachaux Pinot Noir Grand Crus increased, which led to a steady price increase:
In 2021, the cost of the 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru increased by 361%, from $700 to $3,231. The cost of the 2018 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Les Chaumes increased by 1,100% from $118 in 2020 to $1,421 in 2022.
Additionally, these renowned Arnoux Lachaux wines sell for a lot of money at auctions all around the world:
- At a Sotheby’s auction in New York in 2020, ten bottles of the 1997 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru fetched $3,968.
- At a Sotheby’s auction in Hong Kong in 2019, 12 bottles of the 2010 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Romanee-Saint-Vivant Grand Cru fetched $6,675.
You can enlist the aid of a reputable online wine auction organization like Crurated if you’re looking to add Arnoux Lachaux or other unique bottles to your fine wine collection. You may purchase pricey, real wines from the convenience of your home with Crurated.
DOMAINE ARNOUX LACHAUX VITICULTURE AND VINEYARDS
In Vosne Romanee and Nuits Saint Georges, Arnoux Lachaux spans 14.5 hectares across seven various old wine plantations (almost 50 years old on average).
Lalou Bize Leroy, a renowned winemaker from Bourgogne and the proprietor of Domaine d’Auvenay and Domaine Leroy, has had a lot of support from Charles when it comes to vineyard management.
Charles has incorporated several of Lalou Bize Leroy’s organic and biodynamic agricultural techniques since taking over the land.
There are currently 20,000 vines per hectare planted in vine plantations, which produces fewer fruit bunches with higher tannin, flavor, and color concentrations.
As a result, Arnoux Lachaux’s harvest season begins 7–10 days sooner than typical.
DOMAINE ARNOUX LACHAUX WINE MAKING
Let’s examine Domaine Arnoux Lachaux’s vinification procedure in more detail:
- Pressing: A pneumatic press is used to extract the grape juice.
- Fermentation: The winery employs whole grape clusters only for fermentation.
Additionally, the winery has decreased the amount of new oak used from 30% for the Grand Crus to 20% for the Premier Crus and 10% for the village wines.
Longer corks (54mm) are used in the wine’s bottling process to reduce oxidation.
The ABV of recent vintages is between 12.5 and 13.5%.
THE BACKGROUND OF DOMINIQUE ARNOUX LACHAUX
Charles Arnoux and Renée Salbreux established the Arnoux Lachaux estate in 1858. The winery didn’t start bottling wine from its vineyards until the early 1950s, though.
From 1957 until the 1990s, Charles Arnoux’s son Robert Arnoux oversaw the winery.
The land was passed down to Florence Arnoux and her spouse Pascal Lachaux in 1995. Florence was the late Robert Arnoux’s daughter.
The estate was taken over by Charles Lachaux (the son of Pascal Lachaux) in 2008, and he changed its name to Domaine Arnoux Lachaux (formerly Domaine Robert Arnoux).
DOMAINE ARNOUX LACHAUX: THE BURGUNDY’S RISING STAR
For all aficionados of Burgundy wines, the exquisite Arnoux Lachaux wines are a pleasure.
These wines are an excellent addition to any collection because of their age-worthiness, small production runs, and rising demand.
Check out Crurated’s online wine auctions if you want to purchase a genuine bottle of Arnoux Lachaux wine.
You can access the most expensive wines from all over the world with Crurated, an AI-powered online wine auction platform.