An itchy scalp is a common problem that causes scratching and discomfort in men and women. Itchy scalp can go along with visual signs such as flaking skin, scabbed, etc. However, it does not represent any severe health condition, but it can be the symptom of an underlying disease.
Causes of an itchy scalp
- Dandruff is one of the common reasons to have an itchy scalp, known as seborrheic dermatitis. It can happen because of stress, hormonal imbalance, yeast infection, and seasonal changes.
- Anxiety and depression is another reason for having an itchy scalp. It causes irritation, stress, and tension in mind, which can lead to an itchy scalp.
- If you take any particular medications or you have unknown allergies, you might have an itchy scalp.
- Contact dermatitis is another common cause of itchy scalp, which happens because of coming into contact with a new product, such as new soap or shampoo.
Symptoms of itchy scalp
- Dry skin
- Scalp Swelling
- Low-grade fever
- Discomfort and irritated skin
- Bald patches
- Extreme hair fall
How to treat itchy scalp?
- Organic Shampoo: The important thing is to use shampoo as per your hair condition, and the second thing is never to use a shampoo made of chemicals as it can worsen the condition. You can get Indulekha Shampoo to see the effective result. It is clinically proved and extracted from organic herbs.
- Follow a healthy diet to prevent hair fall because the hair also needs all the necessary nutrients. Therefore, maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet to keep your hair healthy and avoid the itchy scalp.
- Use less shampoo and if you want to use shampoo regularly, then get yourself Indulekha Bringha Shampoo. It is prepared from natural organic herbs, which will help you in curing an itchy scalp.
- Be gentle with your hair while combing. Aggressive combing might damage your hair follicle, which can cause more discomfort and irritation in your scalp.